Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Amanda Arnold is a Top Notch Teacher!



WISC-TV in Madison, Wisconsin, has named Amanda Arnold ’07 a “Top Notch Teacher.”

Amanda teaches 1st grade at John Muir Elementary School in Madison. She laughs, “It's energetic, it's fun it's crazy, it's controlled chaos.” Amanda continues, “I had a very privileged life when I was little and I was very fortunate for that and I always wanted to get to the kids that maybe weren't as lucky to have that and I wanted to make sure that I could give that to kids.”

Amanda has a master’s degree in experiential education and brings skills and exercises she learned as an undergrad at UW-Madison minoring in theatre and drama to the classroom as teaching and learning tools with plenty of song, dance and games.
View the video story.


You can also see Amanda in action as she and a colleague at Muir Elementary teach a “flash mob” dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get a word in Edgewise! Share your news or comment on the latest posts.